Bam Hightec Contoured Violin Case Model 2002XL
Body Length: 38 cm upper bout: 17 cm
Lower bout: 22 cm
INSIDE FEATURES :
- Suspension of the instrument on injected foam cushions
- Inside removable accessory pouch
- 2 bow holders
- Strap for a “Kun” style shoulder rest
OUTSIDE FEATURES :
- Shells made of the Bam Hightech technique: a triple-ply structure made of high-performance materials (ABS, Airex foam, another type of ABS)
- Outstanding protection and ultralight weight
- 2 comfortable neoprene antislip backpack straps with security screw hooks
- 2 soft-touch latches with key
- Very comfortable bimaterial side handle
- Subway handle
- Male/female airtight seal
- Antislip and antiwear rubber patches on the bottom outer shell
In order to get the highest protection against shocks, the interior of Bam cases are made of high resilience foam cushions, supporting the instrument on its strongest parts. These are designed either as a cradle for the instrument, or as a set up maintaining the instrument in total suspension.
To keep a high quality standard, Bam decided to make its own polyurethane foam. Therefore, the entire inserts and cushions are injected in special molds. The foam of these inserts and cushions stands out from other types of foam, offering:
- a longer life time
- an excellent resilience (the foam gets back to its original shape and strength)
- a protective “skin” effect for the instrument
an excellent protection against weather changes, reinforced by a water resistant fabric
The thermoforming techniques developed by Bam to manufacture the shells of the cases call for very reliable industrial processes allowing great regularity in the production results.
THE “CLASSIC” : SINGLE LAYER ABS
- Extremely strong
- Very resistant against shocks and puncture
- Textured or sleek look
THE “NEWTECH”: DOUBLE LAYER STRUCTURE WITH AN AIREX / PVC FOAM SKELETON
- ABS outer layer with an anti-scratch PMMA film
- Great rigidity of the case allowing easy opening and closing
- Light weight and resistant against shocks
THE “HIGHTECH”: TRIPLE PLY STRUCTURE WITH FULL AIREX / PVC FOAM CORE
- Ultra-light weight
- Extremely rigid
- Excellent resistance to shocks and temperature changes
THE BAM SEAL
Each of the thermoformed case from Bam is equipped with a rigid PVC “male/female” seal. Shaped under heat, this seal ensures a hermetic closing and contributes to the rigidity of the case when it is closed.
Bam uses only high quality fabrics whose performances have been cautiously validated.
Thanks to their aesthetic qualities, as well as their resistance to water and tear, they offer a long time life span to covered cases.
The zipper used by Bam is exclusively made by YKK whose quality is recognized worldwide
Bam cases have been designed to provide their holder with many years of satisfaction. In the unlikely event that a problem arises on one of our cases as a result of a defect in our materials or workmanship within the two years following the purchase, we will repair it at our expense (or replace it if it cannot be repaired)*.
It is important to note that our guarantee is not an unconditional guarantee for the life of the product. Bam cases are made from high-quality materials, and yet they are not indestructible. Therefore, our guarantee does not cover product damage that may result from mishandling of the product. We do not cover accidental damage nor its consequences, such as damage to the contents of the case.
Also, as with any product, it should be expected that component parts – hooks or fasteners for instance – will show wear with use over time and eventually may need to be replaced. This type of normal wear and tear is naturally not covered by our guarantee, but we will always be happy to offer a prompt, high-quality repair service at a nominal cost for the lifetime of the case.
We always ask musicians to contact their dealer first when after-sales service is required. Please contact us for further instructions before returning a case. The expenses for returning a case will be covered by the sender.
* Subject to a normal use (evaluation at bam’s discretion).
CLEAN UP THE CASE
THE OUTSIDE OF A HIGHTECH CASE
Swipe your case with a microfiber cloth and a soft window-cleaner spray.
GET RID OF THE SCRATCHES ON A HIGHTECH CASE
Gently apply a car scratch remover with a soft cloth
THE INSIDE OF THE CASES
Humidify a cloth with a little bit of stain remover lotion/spray and gently rub the stain with it.
THE OUTSIDE OF A FABRIC COVER CASE
Humidify a cloth with a little bit of stain remover lotion/spray and gently rub the stain with it. Make sure to leave your case open a few hours after this process to evaporate completely the stain remover.
HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF A ZIPPER
A zipper slider is made to open and close the teeth of the zipper. Be sure that the zipper is completely unzipped before opening the case to prevent damage to the teeth. The slider is designed to slide back and forth along the zipper. Therefore, you should not pull upward on the slider because it will loosen its jaws and eventually make the slider too loose to close the zipper properly. This is usually the first sign of a worn zipper and you should adjust it as soon as possible to avoid further problems.
To stop this problem, you can tighten the back of the slider with a set of pliers. Open the zipper all the way before starting so the slider is touching the material of the cover.
Lightly clamp the pliers along the side of the slider and press down. Make sure to apply the most pressure to the back of the slider. Be careful not to apply too much pressure at first. Use light pressure a few times until the slider is tight enough to slide along the zipper and properly close the teeth.
MY ZIPPER IS BROKEN
2 situations :
– no missing or broken teeth : Change of the zipper pulls in our workshop
– broken or missing teeth : change of the whole cover in our workshop
HOW TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF A SOFT-TOUCH LATCH
The inside mechanism of the latch is a compression spring system. These latches are the best in quality and longevity, but need a little care to maintain easy use: When they seem to be a little difficult to open and close, a drop of oil or a silicone-based lubricant will help. Then open and close the latch a few times to work the lubricant through the mechanism and the latch will be easier to use.
BAM SECURITY HOOKS
These hooks have been developed by a manufacturer of mountain climbing equipment especially to answer our demand. Their security screw system is extremely secure only if the locks are completely tightened before using them, as a hiker would do before climbing. Make sure to check the locks regularly and tighten them as needed before using the case. Without secure tightening, this system would not be any better than a regular hook.
To ensure optimum security, we recommend to place the hook with the screw facing out. Scratches and friction on the shell are therefore also reduced
KEEP YOUR HIGHTECH CASE AWAY FROM HEAT
The cases that are made of ABS are thermoformed thanks to an hightech industrial material allowing constant regularity and quality in the finish. Nevertheless, the manufacturing process is simple: the ABS sheet is softened and molded with heating panels and takes the contoured shape of the instrument. The material is then cooled to keep its new shape. In the automobile industry, many parts are manufactured this way (i.e. bumpers).
– To prevent any distortion and to be able to easily open and close the case, we advise you to close and fasten all of the latches on the case when it is not in use. This step will keep the seal’s airtight and waterproof design in good shape for better long term protection of your instrument.
– Spot lights give off a lot of heat, as the sun would do if it was shining through a window. We advise you to keep your case away from such sources of heat to avoid the risk of distortion of the ABS material.